[Vision2020] For Heaven's Sake, Stop Preying on Little Kids

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Sep 24 12:05:26 PDT 2009

I have tremendous interest in kids coming to know Jesus Christ and his teachings.  This, however, isn't the way to do it, and I hope this ministry, which I imagine is not in any way connected to Christ Church or NSA, takes a big step back and reassess its approach to evangelism.

There are sincere, if misguided, believers who dearly love children, Christ, and the Gospel.  Unfortunately, most of us have taught our kids to not take balloons, candy, etc., from strangers -- strangers who often, and perversely, use the "it's from/about Jesus" line to lure little ones.  Obviously that's not happening here, but I'd really like to see the Church taking into account what we've taught our children and respecting it by not approaching them without parental understanding and approval of the message behind the engagement.  Acts of "corporate kindness" to children, in the form of vacation Bible schools, support for public schools and teachers, donations of clothes and supplies for kids, and ministry to the poor and hurting parents in Moscow (as well as to the affluent and secure) is a much better way to affect families with the Gospel of Christ.

Which really ought to seem evident . . .

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com