[Vision2020] Chris Witmer

Eimy Reekenxlime eimyreekenxlime at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 23:02:34 PDT 2009

Gee, that got mangled pretty badly; let's try that again --

Well nobody
is approving of anti-gay violence, let alone homosexuals' violence
against themselves and other homosexuals, but apparently the grieving
parents had by that time managed to pull themselves together enough to
reaffirm that 1) they had done right by their son by making no effort
to get him to change and 2) rather than seeking to change homosexuals
they would try to change society to accept homosexuals. And of course
behind all that is the underlying assumption that biblical Christian
morality is part of the problem. That being the case, I hardly think
the gentle rebuke in that letter makes someone a "godless soul";
however, perhaps you would like to put the same question to Joe and
Marion Allen, whose son Bart was murdered by his homosexual live-in
lover when he was trying to come out of homosexuality.

Allen's parents, Joe and Marion, founded Hope for the Broken Heart
after his tragic murder. They have spoken at numerous Exodus
International events since then.

When Bart was struggling with unwanted homosexual feelings, he sought
out a counselor for help. The counselor, however, told him he was born
gay. (No doubt Saundra Lund and Mr. and Mrs. Clayton would consider
that to be good counsel.) According to Joe and Marion, "When Bart came
out of her office, he looked like he had been given a death sentence. I
know this lady did not realize what she was doing . . . but she had
told him he was born gay. She told him we were doing him an injustice
by telling him this was wrong and he needed to go back [to the
homosexual lifestyle].

Bart Allen did go back to homosexuality, but he couldn't accept it. His
lover, however, refused to accept the fact that Bart wanted to leave
homosexuality behind. While Bart was asleep, his partner strangled him
to death with a dog leash.

You can see and hear Joe and Marion Allen's testimony here (first of two parts):

http://www.vimeo.com/2532972

No doubt it is easy for people who have not struggled with this sort of
thing in their own families to pass judgment on "godless"
Bible-thumpers from a distance, especially in a way that very
conveniently allows one to think of one's self as open-minded, loving,
accepting, tolerant, etc.

But the fact of the matter is, when homosexuality is embraced by people
who experience such temptations, it becomes a deathstyle for them in
the fullest and truest, most tragic sense of that word. Especially for
those of us who are struggling with such problems in our own families,
we don't have the luxury of sitting back and telling people who are
headed for damnation that they are just fine the way they are. If
speaking such truth makes one a "godless soul" then I pray that such
"godlessness" might flourish.

Eimy Reekenxlime
Can you handle the truth?
http://vipergalsinwind.blogspot.com/