[Vision2020] USAToday: People with 'no religion' gaining on major denominations

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Sep 22 09:24:50 PDT 2009

Astonishingly enough, this born-again Christian finds herself agreeing with Art Deco, a self-professed atheist, that Wilson has had a terrible effect on how people view Christianity.  I suspect, though, that we differ on how important that is; while Wayne notes the information below with tongue firmly planted in cheek, I'm pretty much heartbroken.  I can't speak for him, of course, but as for me -- well, I see how Wilson proclaims, in word and deed, a Gospel that bears little resemblance to Christ's message, and I think it's a lamentable truth that too many people on the Palouse shrink back not just from Wilson, but from the Christ he represents.

It won't show up in statistical tables, but if even one person turns his or her back on Jesus Christ and his message because of the bad behavior of Doug Wilson, that's a tragedy, one that merits notice but evidently isn't enough to shake the complacency and willful ignorance of Moscow's evangelicals.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com