[Vision2020] Minnick's Missive

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 16 11:31:37 PDT 2009

For those who received Rep. Minnick's postcard in praise of Medicare D, here's a couple of reader's comments from the Statesman:

Minnick
Submitted by go4it on Tue, 09/15/2009 - 7:42pm.

It's hard to believe Walt's sincerity, especially after just receiving his latest flyer in the mail, "Congressman Minnick is fighting to make Medicare prescription drug coverage even better."

This sounds like Walt is really looking out for the senior citizens until you read the fine print in the address section. "Paid for by the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America." One of the biggest lobbyist groups for the drug companies in the world.

Thanks Walt, but your true allegence is seeping through, and I don't think it is for Idaho seniors.
Myopia
Submitted by foreignoregonian on Tue, 09/15/2009 - 8:05pm.

Look a little closer. I don't think the Senator had anything to do with it. These groups take the names of people that support their ideas and write it up up to sound like the person supports them but stop short of implying endorsement from them.

Any official mailing from a legislator will be mailed from his office as official mail. The US government doesn't send garbage like this and neither will Walt or anybody else.

It's not even legal as far as I know.

You got junk mail.

My grandma used to get it all the time and they wanted her to join this, sent that, save Social Security and they made her SO ANGRY all the time until I explained and then her own children did.