[Vision2020] Press Release from Moscow Police Department

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Sep 10 16:29:14 PDT 2009

Breaking News
Another UI student severely injured in fraternity fall
September 10, 2009, 11:22 am

A second University of Idaho Student was severely injured in a fraternity fall early Thursday morning.

Amanda Andaverde, 19, of Caldwell fell from a third-story window at the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity shortly after 1 a.m., according to a Moscow Police Department news release.

Andaverde suffered several fractures from the 27-foot fall and was transported to Gritman Medical Center before being airlifted to Kootenai Medical Center in Coeur d'Alene and then on to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle due to the severity of her injuries.

Assistant Police Chief David Duke said alcohol is believed to have played a role in the fall and that police are constructing a time line of events to determine how Andaverde acquired the alcohol.

The fall is the second in two weeks on the UI campus. Shane Meyer, 20, of Boise was transported to Harborview Medical Center after falling from a third-story window at the Delta Tau Delta fraternity at about midnight Aug. 29. Meyer remains at Harborview, where he is listed in serious condition.