[Vision2020] Ebay Responses to the "Dinner With Sarah Palin" Auction

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Sep 9 09:23:07 PDT 2009

Greetings Visionaires -

If you remember, yesterday I posted a brief description and a link to an
eBay auction for dinner with Sarah Palin.

http://tinyurl.com/DinnerWithSarah

Well, apparently this fired up some subsequent eBay auctions in response
to Sarah Palin's eBay auction, such as . . .

Dinner with me, not with Sarah Palin!

Courtesy of eBay at:

http://tinyurl.com/DinnerWithSteven

-------

Why pay $25,000 or more for dinner with some has-been politician who can't
even finish what they start?  If you want to have dinner with a nobody,
you can't find anyone who's more of a nobody than I am!

The winner of this auction will receive one dinner with me.  The dinner
will be for myself and the winner, and each of us is allowed one guest.
The dinner for four will be at my expense, at a place of my choosing, at a
time to be coordinated with the winning bidder.  No take-out or "doggie
bags" will be permitted, and winner will not be permitted to order
unreasonable amounts of food or drinks, as determined by me.  Travel and
all other expenses are the responsibility of the winning bidder.  However,
there won't be any background checks, pre-approval process, or political
litmus test.

All proceeds of this sale will be used to pay off my debts.

Thanks for looking, and HAPPY BIDDING!

NOT Dinner with Sarah Palin, Dinner with a real family.

Courtesy of eBay at:

http://tinyurl.com/DinnerWithRealFamily

-------

Forget about having dinner with Sarah Palin for $25,000 rather pay to NOT
have dinner with her. Come to wonderful Milwaukee, WI and have dinner with
a single mom, her three kids and enjoy the real AMERICAN experience. How
you get to Milwaukee is up to you. Home cooked, middle class meal served
hot off of middle class plates from the dollar store. Show American where
our priorities are and hope that this auction makes more money than
"Dinner with the Palins". All money will go to a scholarship fund for
regular folks trying to better themselves through education.

ALSO NOT dinner with sarah palin

Courtesy of eBay at:

http://tinyurl.com/NotDinnerWithSarahPalin

-------

WINNING BIDDER RECEIVES DINNER WITH MY WIFE AND I AT THE LOCAL DINER { I
WILL BE USING A BUY-ONE-GET-ONE-FREE COUPON FROM THE PENNY PINCHER
MAGAZINE }.  PLEASE KNOW WE ARE  NOT REPUBLICANS , YOU MUST FINISH WHAT
YOU START AND YOU WILL BE LIMITED TO A SINGLE ENTREE.  VOODOO ECONOMICS
WILL NOT  BE ALLOWED WHILE CALCULATING THE TIP FOR THE HARD WORKING
WAITER.

More Fun Less Guns Dinner Without Sarah Palin

Courtesy of eBay at:

http://tinyurl.com/MoreFunLessGunsDinner

-------

Up for auction is one Dinner with me.

I want to say right off that I support our military and I am deeply
concerned about the situation many of our wounded veterans are in. This is
not a for charity auction, unless you view charity in a broad sense, I am
in debt because of school so I guess technically...whatever.

That being said it only took me 4 years to graduate from college and not
with a communications degree (No offense comm majors I really like tv, you
are doing a good job).  I also read newspapers, know that there isn't a
department of law in the white house and if you win this auction I surely
won't talk about moose season the entire time.  Unless you bid a whole lot
we buy too many drinks too quickly then, moose season will be an
appropriate topic.

I live in Chapel Hill so winner is responsible for getting to the Chapel
Hill/Carrboro area.  No Refunds, except for extenuating circumstances,
I'll be fair.

I will pay for the meal and drinks, obviously I will not be paying more
than the winning bid.
The winner may invite one guest each, I may also invite a guest.
Date and time will be worked out via Email/Phone.
I will choose the place, but I am cool with suggestions.
No Applebees, Chilis, Ruby Tuesday's and the like.
No children, I like children, but I don't want to spend time talking about
your kids, way boring, thats what your co-workers are for.
No Guns, Knives, Swords, Bombs or cutoffs.

I reserve the right to end the dinner at any time (during the dinner) for
any reason.

The buy it now option is for a really good dinner and drinks, with guests
that should be a pretty fair meal.

PING PONG with Sarah Palin & Karl Rove Lunch Dinner SRU
(Slippery Rock University)

Courtesy of eBay at:

http://tinyurl.com/PingPongDinner

-------

Here is the deal! Why pay $25,000 for dinner with Sarah Palin or $7,500
for Lunch with Karl Rove when you can play Ping Pong and have dinner with
both of them!?!?.... Ok, so maybe it’s not really the actual politicians
you might be hoping for

 But this unique auction is much more fun and
much more of a rare opportunity! What could be more fun than playing ping
pong and eating dinner with some goofball wearing a cheap paper masks of
Sarah Palin and Karl Rove ?.........Ummmmm Ok, maybe a lot of things. But
it would be total wacky fun! And make for a good memories at the same
time. Here is the best part: the first 15% of the proceeds go directly to
the National Parks and Recreation Association. The remaining proceeds
truly go towards a student grant within the Parks and Recreation
Department at Slippery Rock University. So give it a bid! Or a couple
bids
 And prepare to play ping-pong with some wacko wearing stupid paper
cutouts on his face followed by some free food! Winning Bidder will get
the following: An epic ping-pong match against an amateur wearing both
Palin and Rove masks. Location of the match will be at the Slippery Rock
Student Union in Slippery Rock Pennsylvania. The Match will be followed by
dinner at the Student Union or the Brewery on Main Street in downtown
Slippery Rock, two very different choices. Once again, 100% of all
proceeds will go to a great causes: The national Parks and Recreation
association and towards a grant to help a student forward their education
and hopefully leaving college with more brains than Sarah Palin or Carl
Rove. The date is adjustable to the winning bidders schedule. Good Luck
and Bid On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring your camera because we will be bringing
ours!

I could go on and on.  It seems that for every auction that I copy from
eBay and post to the Vizz, three more appear on eBay.

Sarah has certainly started something, huh?

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown