[Vision2020] "The Age of Stupid" Live: New York 09/21/2009: But actress Gillian Anderson, Radiohead's Thom Yorke?: Re: The Face of Global Warming

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:28:46 PDT 2009

Video of trailer for the film, etc. at first link below.  But Gillian
Anderson as a figure to promote this effort?  People will think "X-Files"...
There is enough promotion of the conspiracy theory that anthropogenic global
warming is a hoax, without someone involved in a conspiracy theory Hollywood
film series linked to the efforts to address climate change... I'm glad
she's willing to help, but I wonder about the overall effect of her image...
What credibility does she have?  Same goes for Radiohead's Thom Yorke... Oh
well, I guess these celebrities promote public awareness of the problem that
is established by the work of credible climate scientists, who are otherwise
boring for public promotion, or do want to or cannot be activists do to the
professional bias this behavior would suggest...

http://www.ncm.com/Fathom/OriginalPrograms/AgeofStupid.aspx?gclid=CIff8qea1pwCFSn6agodHCqNPg

http://www.ageofstupid.net/

*The Age of Stupid* is the new four-year epic from McLibel director Franny
Armstrong. Oscar-nominated Pete Postlethwaite stars as a man living alone in
the devastated world of 2055, looking at old footage from 2008 and asking:
why didn’t we stop climate change when we had the chance?

This event will include a live pre-show from the green carpet, the US debut
of The Age of Stupid, and a panel discussion focusing on the effects,
consequences and ways to reverse climate change. The panel will feature Kofi
Annan, Gillian Anderson, the film's director Franny Armstrong, the star of
the film Pete Postlethwaite, and other leading thinkers, celebrities, and
political figures from around the world. Newly added to the night is the
former president of Ireland Mary Robinson and UK Minister of Energy and
Climate Change. Audiences will also hear from field scientists working in
the Himalayas and Indonesian rain forest via live satellite link.  In
addition, a group of children will speak from the very room in Copenhagen in
which all our futures will be decided at the UN climate summit in December.
Finally, Radiohead's Thom Yorke will wrap up the evening with an acoustic
performance of the film's title track.

Be inspired by top climate campaigners to take action on the most pressing
issue facing humanity, and discover tips on how you can help to avert this
crisis.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett