[Vision2020] UI Settles With Ex-Workers

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:52:40 PDT 2009

Wayne,

I think that rather than reducing the possibility of misconduct in the future, your approach is more likely to make settlements difficult.  Do you really think that people are deterred by publicity attendant to the misdeeds of others?  The more time goes by, the less likely I think this is.

People act badly for a variety of reasons.  Often they don't put much thought into the possible consequences of their actions. If they do, they convince themselves that they won't get caught.

If forced to publicize all the details, then large organizations are likely going to make more attempts to keep embarassing details quiet.  It's always easier for large organizations, whether public or private, to drag things out, than it is for those opposing them to keep going.

Sunil