[Vision2020] Say What?

g. crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 28 17:53:14 PDT 2009

This comes as no surprise. There is a perfectly good reason that there are few female writers for most of these shows and that is because, for the most part, women are not particularly funny. A case in point would be one of the few shows in the last decade that does use a preponderance of female writers, Saturday Night Live. Hasn't been funny (read painfully unfunny) for about 10 years or so. Name an amusing female stand up comic working today. Lampinelli? Sykes? Silverman? Cho? Not a belly laugh amongst the lot. As with math skills and upper body strength this is simply an area in which the fairer sex is simply lacking. There are plenty of traits that women possess in spades and I'm not saying that the ladies can't occasionally understand and "get" a joke when they hear one but, for the most part, the ability to "be funny" is as rare in the human female as feathers on frogs.