[Vision2020] Question Concerning John Weber

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed Oct 28 11:43:31 PDT 2009

Tom,

Doesn't the claim that Weber is employed as a bartender to "stay busy while hangin' with friends" strike you as more than a little far-fetched?  Doesn't the claim that being retired (at his age, 62) but working as a bartender strike you as a contradiction?

The claim is made that Weber owned a couple of businesses.  There is no mention of how successful those businesses were (and with good reason).

If the best Weber can do at his age is be a bartender at The Corner Club, is that what Moscow needs as a mayor?

Why doesn't one of Weber's more honest supporters on this list poll 10 of his long time friends to honestly reveal what they know about Weber's alcohol intake and such intake enabled behavior, and then report the results back here on V2020?

Weber was one of the Hawkins Five, whose scheme to sell water to a Washington entity would takes millions of dollars of sales revenue annually from Moscow businesses -- and cause the corresponding lost of tax revenue and charitable contributions to Moscow.

While this Hawkins scheme would benefit greatly a few wealthy Muscovites who have invested in the Hawkins project, it would be a loss to many Moscow businesses and to almost all Moscow/Latah County residents.  Is this being "business friendly" or taking care of friends (maybe even for a gratuity of some kind [other than campaign contributions] at some time in the future)?

And Weber continues to lie about the Hawkins water sale, saying that the scheme would allow Moscow to control the amount of water drawn from the aquifer by Hawkins.  Bullshit.  If Hawkins needs more water than Moscow would have been willing to give, others like Whitman county stood ready to supply it from the same aquifer.  Not to mention that the original agreement with Hawkins was void ab initio since it was clearly contrary to state law.  And what about tht $30,000 to $60,000 of taxpayer's money that the Hawkins Five have wasted on this project to benefit a wealthy few?  How does that benefit the vast majority of Moscow residents?  Couldn't the Hawkins Five found a little more useful benficial to all project(s) to spend that money on?

W.

Wayne A. Fox
1009 Karen Lane
PO Box 9421