[Vision2020] Found DOG - Latah County

Nance Ceccarelli njc at moscow.com
Thu Oct 22 06:38:01 PDT 2009

Greetings all:

Perhaps among this diverse group we can locate the owner(s) of a dog that found our "neighborhood."  This skittish young animal has been hanging around Showalter Road (central-east end of Moscow Mtn towards Troy) for about four or five days - and, among neighbors and visiting construction workers we've finally been able to get close enough to capture him.  Perhaps he was along for a ride with a hiker, hunter, or horse-rider on the Mtn and is now lost?

Here's what we know:
Male - neutered.
Young - teeth look as if less 1yr old; behavior with our 1 y.o indicates high level of puppy play!
Approx. 35-40#; long-legged; thin, but not scrawny or undernourished.
Good, thick, clean coat.
no collar or tattoo that we've been able to locate.

This appears to be a border collie - or border collie mix.  He has beautiful b/w markings - brown eyes.  He was quite timid and ran away from people when approached during the first few days folks saw him; but, he decided yesterday that people are not so bad.  He gladly accepted a couple of milk bones last night, a big bowl of clean water, and a bowl of kibble for breakfast this a.m.!

He sits, lays down, allows a collar and leash to be put on, walks nicely on lead, figured out the doggie-door in our house last night, is quiet, snuggles gently, and so forth.  He is getting along famously with our setters.  We cannot find any injuries or cuts; pads are in good shape, so I suspect he has not been on the loose for too long a period of time.

I plan to take him to the shelter in Moscow later today - although he is sweet enough to keep here!

Please share this info as appropriate - and let's wish him good luck getting home!

nc
Nance Ceccarelli
1031 Showalter Road
Moscow ID 83843