[Vision2020] Well, it really seemed like a good idea at the time *S*

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:41:45 PDT 2009

The Fletcher Memorial Home (by Roger Waters, other wise known as Pink Floyd,
from the album, "The Final Cut")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzVpZLpvuU

Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
And build them a home, a little place of their own.
The Fletcher Memorial
Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings.

And they can appear to themselves every day
On closed circuit T.V.
To make sure they're still real.
It's the only connection they feel.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Reagan and Haig,
Mr. Begin and friend, Mrs. Thatcher, and Paisly,
"Hello Maggie!"
Mr. Brezhnev and party.
"Scusi dov'è il bar?"
The ghost of McCarthy,
The memories of Nixon.
"Who's the bald chap?"
"Good-bye!"
And now, adding colour, a group of anonymous latin-
American meat packing glitterati.

Did they expect us to treat them with any respect?
They can polish their medals and sharpen their
Smiles, and amuse themselves playing games for awhile.
Boom boom, bang bang, lie down you're dead.

Safe in the permanent gaze of a cold glass eye
With their favorite toys
They'll be good girls and boys
In the Fletcher Memorial Home for colonial
Wasters of life and limb.

Is everyone in?
Are you having a nice time?
Now the final solution can be applied.
------------------------
And former President Reagan is held in such high regard by many
for championing the "conservative" movement, as they eventually took
Republican control of the US Congress.  The US under Reagan allied itself
with numerous evils to fight "the evil empire" of the Soviet Union, death
squad Central American governments another example ("Latin American meat
packing glitterati," to quote Roger Waters from the album "The Final Cut."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzVpZLpvuU video of "The Fletcher Memorial
Home for incurable tyrants...").

This picture of Reagan with the Taliban shouts "blowback" at 150 decibels.

>From The Nation web site:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20011015/johnson
Blowback *By* Chalmers
Johnson<http://www.thenation.com/directory/bios/chalmers_johnson>

This article appeared in the October 15, 2001 edition of The Nation.
<http://www.thenation.com/doc/20011015> September 27, 2001

"Blowback is a CIA term first used in March 1954 in a recently declassified
report on the 1953 operation to overthrow the government of Mohammed
Mossadegh in Iran. It is a metaphor for the unintended consequences of the
US government's international activities that have been kept secret from the
American people. The CIA's fears that there might ultimately be some
blowback from its egregious interference in the affairs of Iran were well
founded. Installing the Shah in power brought twenty-five years of tyranny
and repression to the Iranian people and elicited the Ayatollah Khomeini's
revolution. The staff of the American embassy in Teheran was held hostage
for more than a year. This misguided "covert operation" of the US government
helped convince many capable people throughout the Islamic world that the
United States was an implacable enemy.

The pattern has become all too familiar. Osama bin Laden, the leading
suspect as mastermind behind the carnage of September 11, is no more (or
less) "evil" than his fellow creations of our CIA: Manuel Noriega, former
commander of the Panama Defense Forces until George Bush *père* in late 1989
invaded his country and kidnapped him, or Iraq's Saddam Hussein, whom we
armed and backed so long as he was at war with Khomeini's Iran and whose
people we have bombed and starved for a decade in an incompetent effort to
get rid of him. These men were once listed as "assets" of our clandestine
services organization.

Osama bin Laden joined our call for resistance to the Soviet Union's 1979
invasion of Afghanistan and accepted our military training and equipment
along with countless other mujahedeen "freedom fighters." It was only after
the Russians bombed Afghanistan back into the stone age and suffered a
Vietnam-like defeat, and we turned our backs on the death and destruction we
had helped cause, that he turned against us. The last straw as far as bin
Laden was concerned was that, after the Gulf War, we based "infidel"
American troops in Saudi Arabia to prop up its decadent, fiercely
authoritarian regime. Ever since, bin Laden has been attempting to bring the
things the CIA taught him home to the teachers. On September 11, he appears
to have returned to his deadly project with a vengeance.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett