[Vision2020] Society of Environmental Journalists: Unedited and Complete: McAleer Questions Gore at SEJ Conference Oct 9, 2009

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 11:44:30 PDT 2009

McAleer is the filmmaker of the junk climate science film "Not evil, just
wrong."

Society of Environmental Journalists website:

http://www.sej.org/library/public/test-content-3

-------
Unedited and complete: McAleer questions Al Gore at SEJ conference Oct 9,
2009:

http://vimeo.com/7088053
-------
More on those involved in the junk climate science film, "Not evil, just
wrong." Video mentioned at bottom of text below is available at this
website:

http://www.desmogblog.com/cei-coal-booster-says-greenhouse-gas-good-you

5 March 09 CEI Coal Booster Says Greenhouse Gas is Good For
You<http://www.desmogblog.com/cei-coal-booster-says-greenhouse-gas-good-you>

There was a small pro-coal rally held in Washington, DC on Monday and
the National
Wildlife Federation <http://www.change.org/nwf/blog> was able to catch
snippets of one of the pro-coal keeners talking to the media. The rally was
organized by the Competitive Enterprise Institute
(CEI)<http://www.desmogblog.com/the-competitive-enterprise-institute-and-all-thats-fit-to-spin>as
a counter to the 2,000 youth who held a massive rally demanding action
on
climate change on the same day.

Word on the street is that the 20 or so who rallied in support of coal were
mainly CEI staffers, in fact when one of the coal supporters was asked why
they were there, his response was, "I don't know I'm just an intern."

The woman in the video below is Ann
McElhinney<http://www.sutherlandinstitute.org/earth_details.asp?id=37>,
a British filmaker touting her most recent work "Not Evil Just Wrong."

To give you an idea where McElhiney is coming from, her last film project
was called "Mine Your Own
Business"<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mine_Your_Own_Business>which
according to the Wikipedia entry "investigate[d] controversial
proposed mining projects in impoverished villages." The film, "portrays
western environmentalists as wealthy elites who are working counter to the
interests of the local people."

The pro-mining film was financed by a Canadian mining company Gabriel
Resources Ltd. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Resources>, which is
the same foreign corporation that at the time was looking to develop Roşia
Montană <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ro%C5%9Fia_Montan%C4%83> as an open
pit gold mine.

So a leap from pro-mining to pro-coal to arguing that CO2 is good for us
wasn't a hard one for Ms. McElhinney.

Here's a partial transcript:

"I've been around this country making our film and people are driving their
white cars... snow white, so if you look at this idea of black stuff coming
out, it's not. C02 is not dangerous. *C02 is what you push into greenhouses
to make things grow this is a good thing, you know."*

And here's the video: