[Vision2020] "Not Evil, Just Completely Insane" Re: CJ's To Show Junk Climate Science Film "Not Evil, Just Wrong" Sun. Oct. 18, 7 PM

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:07:37 PDT 2009

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2009/08/12/not-evil-just-completely-insane/

Not Evil, Just Completely Insane
Thankfully, you won't be seeing this ridiculous anti-environmentalism doc in
theaters We’ve found a rather disturbing treasure in the wide world of
ANTI-environmentalist “documentaries”.  I do not revel in posting negative
content and I especially don’t like giving any airtime to things which I
think are, um, insane, but the trailer for the film *Not Evil, Just
Wrong*can’t be ignored.

The volume of things wrong with both the premise and the clip are too many
to cover in this post, but *Al Gore *(whose image they seem to be using to
sell the film), *Ed Begley* and a variety of enviros and scientists are made
to look like human-hating (esp. Africans!), tax hiking scaremongers who also
hate America and, I think, God.  The talking heads who preach against
“global warming hysteria” aren’t even named in the trailer and it’s unclear
whether they are scientists, sociologists or just the producers’ opinionated
neighbors. The clips of the scaremongers seem wildly out of context. Begley
says only: “Yeah, you can look it up on the Internet.” Whaaa?

Ann McElhinney summed up her approach best in an interview with
OneNewsNow.com: “Environmentalists…have this notion that the world would be
better without humanity, and this is clearly not true – and it’s a very
anti-Christian message… I mean, the Bible is really clear on this that
humanity was to subdue all this amazing stuff we have around us and use it
for our betterment.”

Gosh, coal and petroleum and uranium ARE amazing! Childhood asthma and
melting polar ice caps TOTALLY = betterment!

According to the bios of the two producers: “Attendees at the 2009
Conservative Political Action Conference voted them the third-best speakers,
behind only Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh.” Funny, I thought I was ticking
the box to vote them off the island.

For all of their explicit patriotism I find it endlessly fascinating that
they’ve chosen to focus on the impact of environmentalism on Africa instead
of the impact of fossil fuels and global warming on minority communities in
America. Ever been to the devastating coalbed methane sites in the Powder
River Basin, the Native Alaskan village of Kivalina that is falling into the
ocean due to rising tides or, um, New Orleans?

Looks like Hollywood won’t touch this film with a barge pole. The producers
have been forced to get, as they call it, “creative” with the distribution,
i.e. they’re selling it online and hoping for simultaneous home screenings
nationally. Yeah, I don’t call that creative, I call it straight-to-video.