[Vision2020] Winnipeg 26 F. Above Moscow Last Night 5 AM?

Sam Scripter moscowsam at verizon.net
Sun Oct 11 22:14:50 PDT 2009

Ted,

What is your explanation for the "behavior" of the thermometer at
the Pullman-Airport location?  I've been wondering lately if it is out of
calibration by quite a lot.  I really doubt that, though.

I don't know where it is sited over there and which peculiarities of site
might be driving it to what seem to me to be extra-low temperatures.

For example, is it in a topographic sink into which higher-density cold
air is draining and collecting, only to get colder still by rapid energy
loss on clear nights due to long-wave radiation?

I'm startled because I don't know why the two thermometers outside
my house on Indian Hills Drive in Moscow run 10-20 degrees warmer
than the PullCow site during these deep cold episodes?

Ideas?

Sam Scripter