[Vision2020] Gay Bashing, Hypocrisy, and Crackpotism alive and Well in Moscow

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Thu Oct 8 17:06:14 PDT 2009

Gay Bashing, Hypocrisy, and Crackpotism is alive and Well in Moscow!

Brought to you by: Wilson & Family's Christless Cult & Cash Machine

Please note that dimbulb Ben Merkle is Douglas Wilson's son-in-law.  One of Wilson's mottos: "Let's keep all the cash we can in the family."

Fighting extremism is like squeezing a balloon.  The Aryan's are squeezed out of Coeur d'Alene, but their poorly disguised ideas bulge out in Moscow.

http://www.christkirk.com/Ministerial/index.asp

      Tim Bayly is a pastor of Church of the Good Shepherd in Bloomington, Indiana. Past Executive Director and member of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, he's edited and contributed chapters to titles from Crossway, Zondervan, and Canon Press. Bayly also teaches at ClearNote Pastors College and serves on the board of ClearNote Fellowship. Married to Mary Lee in 1976, God has blessed the Baylys with five children and eight grandchildren.

      Ben Merkle is a Fellow of Theology at New St. Andrews College. He is currently on leave while working on his DPhil in Oriental Studies at Oxford. He has a MSt in Jewish Studies from Oxford, and an MA in English from the University of Idaho. His first book, White Horse King, a book on King Alfred, is due to be released by Thomas Nelson in the fall.

      Douglas Wilson is the pastor of Christ Church in Moscow, Idaho. He is a founding board member of Logos School, a senior fellow of theology at New St. Andrews College, and he serves as an instructor at Greyfriars Hall, a ministerial training program at Christ Church. He helped to establish the Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches (CREC), is the editor of Credenda Agenda, and the author of numerous books on classical Christian education, the family, the church, and the reformed faith. After serving in the U.S. Navy in the submarine service, he completed a B.A. and M.A. in philosophy and a B.A. in classical studies from the University of Idaho. Douglas and his wife Nancy have three children and a bunch of grandkids.

        Thursday, October 15
            8:00-9:00 - Registration
            9:00-9:30 - Announcements / Psalm Singing
            9:30-10:30 - The Politics of Sodomy
            Douglas Wilson: In what sense is same-sex temptation and sin an ordinary problem in a fallen world? And in what sense is it a manifestation of high rebellion against heaven?
            10:30-11:00 - Break
            11:00-Noon - Why Women Make Better Women Ministers Than Men Do
            Tim Bayly: If the basic ideal for piety in the church is feminine, then men who want to be ministers in the church will be at a distinct disadvantage. But perhaps our problem is the false standard?
            Noon-1:30 - Lunch provided
            1:30-2:30 - Family Government in the Church
            Ben Merkle: Given how God made the world, the elders of the church will have to balance its ministry with the individual or the family, or both. What is the right balance? And specifically, what is the role of women here?
            2:30-3:00 - Break
            3:00-4:00 - The Politics of Fruitfulness
            Douglas Wilson: The word pro-life is very common. But what does it really mean to be pro-life? In what ways are obedient churches the only life-affirming cultures on earth?
            4:00-4:30 - Break
              4:30-5:30 - Patriarchalism, Good and Bad
            Tim Bayly: Just because it angers feminists does not make a practice biblical. In what ways are feminists right about a certain form of patriarchy? And in what other sense are they dead wrong?
            5:30-7:00 - Dinner on your own
            7:00-8:00 - Sentimentalism and the Feminine Ethos
            Ben Merkle: Since the early nineteenth century, the feminine ethos has been dominant in the American church? Why is this, and what can be done about it?
            8:00 - Q & A
            Friday, October 16
            8:00-8:30 - Announcements / Psalm Singing
            8:30-9:30 - Abortion: The Blood Sacrifice of Egalitarianism
            Tim Bayly: If we are not trusting in the blood of Jesus Christ, there will be a need for blood from elsewhere.
            9:30-10:00 - Break
            10:00-11:00 - Can Translations and Commentaries Be Disobedient?
            Douglas Wilson: We too often want to reduce our controversies to a matter of mere academic disagreement. But on some issues, the problem really is one of our love for Jesus growing cold. In what sense can we say this about our gender-neutral translations?
            11:00-11:30 - Q & A

            Conference is Concluded.

      Where to stay

      Room reservations must be made no later than September 14, 2009 to take advantage of the discounted rates.
        a.. University Inn / Best Western (recommended)
        800-325-8765. Please mention that you are with the Christ Church Ministerial Conference when making your reservations.
      Other motels close to the conference site (no discount):

        a.. Super 8: 800-800-8000
        b.. La Quinta: 208-882-5365
      Air Travel
      If you fly into Spokane, WA (GEG-airport code), you can take the Wheatland Express (509) 334-2200, to Moscow (1.5 hours), or you can fly directly into the Moscow / Pullman airport (PUW-airport code). See location map.

      Final registration date is october 7, 2009.

      The conference fee is $125 per individual. An additional $50 fee will be assessed for late registration.
        a.. Confirmation: You will receive a registration confirmation via email. You'll need to sign in at the registration table to pick up your nametag.
        b.. Refunds: Usually we are unable to give refunds once the registration has been finalized. Please call the church office if you have extenuating circumstances. A $40 cancellation fee will be assessed if a refund is given.
      Who may attend
      The Ministerial Conference is a conference that is geared for pastors, elders, and deacons or those aspiring to those positions. Please no small children.
      Please call the church office to register.