[Vision2020] Stimulus Funds

Tom Trail ttrail at moscow.com
Sat Nov 21 16:31:43 PST 2009

There has been a great deal of discussion concerning the impact either
positive or negative or TARP or stimulus funds.

I can give you a concrete example regarding the use of these funds
within the context of the Idaho Community Action Program.  This
organization provides a variety of programs for low income, disabled,
Seniors, and marginalized populations.  I serve on the Board of
Directors and the CAP programs serve citizens from the Salmon River
to the Canadian border.

Stimulus funds for the Weatherization program has created 58 new jobs.
By the end of 2009 about 515 homes for low income citizens will have
been weatherized, and the goal is to weatherize between 950-1,000 homes
by the end of 2010.  CAP estimates a 30-40% savings on energy costs
or an approximate per home savings of about $300/home/year.

Tom Trail
--
Dr. Tom Trail
International Trails