[Vision2020] The Chicken Saga: We are Not Alone

Mike Hall mikech at fsr.com
Thu Nov 19 15:24:26 PST 2009

Tom,

All this "fowl talk" reminds me of a poem my son wrote when he was 11.  I'm sure you'll recognize the historical context.

Sincerely,

Mike Hall

Turkey for President
by Andy Hall

One day George W. Turkey wanted your vote
Cranberry sauce he was going to promote
Stuffing was advanced by his competitor
The famous swine Mr. Al Boar

George W. Turkey thinks you can handle your fork
So you can put it into a plump piece of pork
He wants you to decide where you will feast
So the government will tax you the least

Mr. Al Boar will control the fork on your table
Because he thinks some of you are not able
His staff will provide you the turkey
But he'll charge you a fee that is fuzzy and murky

In the end the voters could not decide
Which of the candidates was most qualified
Thanksgiving was coming all too soon
Now the courts must judge before noon

The decision is in and they want you to know
They flipped a coin to put one on death row
George W. Turkey was thought most stable
So Mr. Al Boar ended up on your table