[Vision2020] The new The Saga Continues...

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Tue Nov 17 17:09:41 PST 2009

I'm with Gary on this one (sorry, Gary).  "Bitchy" and forms thereof may be something leveled at a guy, like "Hey, dude, just stop bitchin' about it!"  But at its core, and as the etymology confirms, it's the denigrating of a woman by likening her to a she-dog.  When McCain staffers called Hillary Clinton a bitch, the offense wasn't that they were mean to her; they could just as easily have said she was "an arrogant a--hole" or something equally snotty.  But "bitch" is the pejorative you need when you want to cut a woman down or put her in her place, and even its recent androgynous use -- along the lines of "Hey, car bitch!  Go get my Corvette!" for the parking valet -- is meant to demean the object as someone worthy of dismissal and denigration.

And women know "dismissal" and "denigration" all too well . . .

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com