[Vision2020] And Now for Something Quite Different

Moscow Cares MoscowCares at moscow.com
Fri Nov 6 12:53:06 PST 2009

Greetings Visionaires -

Having been unable to locate a Thanksgiving-themed movie . . . and since
the Holidays are  not within the immediate future . . . and since
Halloween has concluded . . . I have resorted to browsing for a hybrid
Halloween/Holidays-themed movie.

This, I have been able to accomplish quite nicely.

And I am certain, that after viewing this selection you, too, will feel
that it was unfairly overlooked by the selection committee of the 1964
Academy Awards.  Without further hesitation, I present to you, for your
Halloween/Holiday enjoyment . . .

"Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" (1964)

Martians, upset that their children have become obsessed with TV shows
from Earth which extoll the virtues of Santa Claus, start an expedition to
Earth to kidnap the one and only Santa. While on Earth, they kidnap two
lively children that lead the group of Martians to the North Pole and
Santa. The Martians then take Santa and the two children back to Mars with
them. Voldar, a particularly grumpy Martian, attempts to do away with the
children and Santa before they get to Mars, but their leader Lomas stops
him. When they arrive on Mars, Santa, with the help of the two Earth
children and a rather simple-minded Martian lackey, overcomes the Martians
by bringing fun, happiness and Christmas cheer to the children of Mars.

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Videos/SantaClausConquersTheMartians.htm

As always, you can access, view, and download gigabytes of other flicks
(courtesy of "Moscow Cares") at . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Videos

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"