[Vision2020] Just Curious

Darrell Keim keim153 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 14:19:29 PST 2009

Wayne:

Several points I'd like to clarify below:

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote:

>  Keely,
>
> I didn't say Weber was an alki, in fact, Matt Decker said it to me in an
> off-list letter.

I never read you saying that.  However, your constant need to point out that
he works at a bar seemed to be hinting (strongly) that he had something to
hide from the public.  My guess was you were hinting either:  alcoholic or
bars are bad places to work.

> I did say that his primary occupation was that of a bartender at The Corner
> Club.  I said that because Weber knowingly continued to posture himself as a
> project manager long after he was terminated from that position and after it
> was pointed out months ago.  The appellation"project manager" in this case
> was really a stretch -- paid local lobbyist would be more accurate.
>
> I did say that Weber had a drinking problem.  In addition to receiving
> information about this during the last two years from many sources including
> some who know Weber well and like him, I offered on this list to have any of
> those supporters (like Keim & Kimberling) to run a poll of 10 of his friends
> and post the results.

Please don't call me a supporter.  You don't know my politics.  I simply
couldn't watch you make assertions I knew to be untrue (the email) or
ridiculous (Lying on the resume.  I beg to differ.)  I would do the same for
Nancy Chaney, if she needed defending from particularly egregious slander.

That did not happen.  While Keim argued that Weber's false claims were not
> worthy of comment, he offered no rebuttal of the claims about Weber's
> drinking habits, nor did anyone else.

That is because you never made the issue about drinking.  You made it about
occupation.  Different issues.  I know nothing about his drinking habits.