[Vision2020] Say What? (local and recent)

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Wed Nov 4 10:09:53 PST 2009

Well, Wayne, think what you will of the Corner Club, but it will still be standing (and serving beer) long after the rest of the world is but a distant memory.  Wayne, I sense you apparently could not care less about sports, but did you know that in 2005, Sports Illustrated named our local long standing establishment one of the "Top 25 sports bars in the United States"?  True...as the writer said....
 Corner Club  Moscow,  Idaho

					 A CAREFREE atmosphere (perhaps enhanced by the traditional 32-ounce beer glasses) prevails at this popular  University of Idaho
hangout, which opened in 1948. Consider that for much of its history,
the most famous item in the bar was a nail hammered into a ceiling
beam, daring anyone to try to match the 11'3" leap made by former Vandals basketball star  Gus Johnson.
The mark stood for 23 years until it was equaled by Southern Idaho's
Joey Johnson (Gus's cousin) in 1986. (The nail was removed in 1991 when
half the bar was torn down to make room for a freeway, but the stories
are still told fondly.)

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/