[Vision2020] 19 of 19 Precincts

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Wed Nov 4 09:36:10 PST 2009

Tom writes:
"We can maybe kinda somewhat consider the current count to be the quasi-official tally until the big whigs at the head shed (pronounced, "staff at City Hall") give it their sacred blessing, complete with high-fives and fist-bumps?"

Maybe John Weber will be happy losing by those 40 votes and fist bump Nancy Chaney.  I'm sure being mayor got to be lots of stress, so maybe he's relieved.

Maybe he'll demand a recount?

Interesting for him being the council president.  He can't look too bitter, yet that's got to be hard to swallow.

Makes you wonder if those 40 voters were city employees who did not want someone in charge who doesn't answer emails.  That would probably be very frustrating and affect their job performance.

That reminds me of the dreaded government employee who won't do his job.  It seems he would have affected the effectiveness of the team he was to lead, and given us all another reason to hate government.  Other employess probably would follow his style and not answer emails, too.

That would be tragic.  After all, isn't government supposed to be the people's way too rule themselves?  It shouldn't be something we all are wary of, bad mouth, and mock.

If you aren't going to do your job, let someone else in who will.  For the politician, at least appear like you want to represent us.  That means answering emails.

It's one thing to focus on your own agenda, only listening to those on your side.  Quite better if you're an honest broker who will consider all input citizens are taking time to put in, and engage those citizens so that policy will hopefully be better for all of us...

 Garrett Clevenger