[Vision2020] Question

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Nov 1 07:31:22 PST 2009

Joe -

The alleged memo was posted on a local blog.  That blog's, as well as
Schroeder's, agenda behind their portrayal of that memo is moot, to put it
simply.

I would much more prefer a mayor whose opinion of a given topic is
flexible as (s)he accummulates evidence both in support of, and in
contrast to, that topic; as opposed to a mayor that is simply "along for
the ride", such as comments made by John Weber in regards to the Hawkins
Companies/City of Moscow Water Agreement . . .

-----------------------

"I don't particularly like all of the aspects of the proposed agreement.
I will, however, support the agreement because I think it does do some
things that help the city as far as income generation and also it helps
the city as far as having some control over water usage that comes out of
a joint area.  For those reasons I will reluctantly support the proposed
agreement."

- John Weber (February 4, 2008)

-----------------------

"I think that the city of Moscow got involved in something that probably
should have never got involved with."

- John Weber (July 27, 2009)

-----------------------

If you remember, Concilman Steed went down to Boise to promote (and
wishfully pass) the sale of water rights across state lines.  When that
didn't work, Senator Schroeder tried to push it through the Idaho State
Senate . . . also failing.

For further information, documentation, etc. etc. concerning the Hawkins
Companies/City of Moscow Water Agreement, I encourage you to browse the
collection at

http://www.moscowcares.com/WashingtonWater_HawkinsMall.htm

Seeya round town, Moscow.

> In yesterday's Daily News letters section, there was a letter written
> by Gary J. Schroeder which contained the following quote by Mayor
> Chaney from a "memo": “My preference is to: As a back-up strategy, I
> propose that we ask IDWR, the Idaho Attorney General and the citizens
> of our community for permission to offer Hawkins water from our
> municipal supply, for a price and with conditions.” What memo was
> this? If it was a private memo, how did Schroeder get a hold of it?
> Shouldn't there be a full citation here? It looks a little suspicious
> and I would think that the Daily News would have asked for more
> detailed information saying exactly when the letter was sent, to whom,
> and how Gary J. Schroeder got hold of the letter. I'd like to know
> explicitly, for instance, if any candidates running for election this
> year sent a copy of that letter to Schroeder.
>
> By the way, it seems like a silly letter to me. Changing one's mind,
> especially if one has more information, is not a fault.

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown