[Vision2020] Reverse Racism?

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Sun May 31 19:40:37 PDT 2009

Chuck.

I've read the State Supreme Court ruling on this, which makes it clear
that the Trooper could, as he did arrest Barros for the DUI, which he
subsequently plead guilty to, only arguing that the Trooper had no
jurisdiction, not that he wasn't driving drunk.  by the way, what was his
BAC?

Then you stated:  "Yep - cowboys can chase Indians right up to and into their
home."  And the case makes it clear that the Trooper  was invited inside,
not that he burst in without a warrant. He had a right to be in that
trailer because of the invitation.

Given the same set of facts, other than the trailer being on Indian land,
wouldn't the Trooper have the same right of arrest of anyone else in
Idaho?  I think what was being argued was that because the trailer was
located on the reservation, it was a home base that would give sanctuary
to Barros until a Tribal Warrant could be obtained, yes? Just how fast
could that warrant have been obtained?  Lets say it would have taken 6
hours. What do you think would have happened to Barros  BAC level?  Or the
answer to the obvious question that would be asked, "Mr. Barros, have you
had a drink within the last six hours while you were home?". A "yes"
answer would toss the BAC that could be obtained with the lately obtained
Tribal Warrant.

Comments?