[Vision2020] Air Force Boots Top Aviator

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 22 05:44:38 PDT 2009

Lynn McCollough stated:

"It is the ugly secret of potential of blackmail that threatens, not
openness."

Sounds like an endorsement to terminate "Don't ask. Don't tell" to me.

If our government were to permit openly gay citizens to serve in the
military, the suggested threat of blackmail would disappear with the
stroke of the president's pen.

No, g.  By "openly gay" I do NOT mean a wildly-untame, ceiling-fallin',
wall-crackin', ear-shatterin', earth-quakin' intimacy crudely performed on
the steps of City Hall between members of the same gender.  Such
activities are better suited for the restroom of a privately chartered 747
at 30,000 feet.

That reminds me.  I have got to order my airline tickets to go to LA in
June.  I wonder if I'll be able to get a window seat.

Seeya at Farmers' Market, Moscow.

> I can not fathom how it is not obvious that if being gay/lesbian could be
> held against one, then "Don't ask, don't tell" does, in fact, threaten
> national security,
> If, however, your boss cares about your merit, rather than one's leisure
> time, and if you are allowed to tell, our national security is now safe.
> Regardless of your security clearance.
> It is the ugly secret of potential of blackmail that threatens, not
> openness.
> Why is this not obvious to all who might care about this country?
> Baffled, Lynn
>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown