[Vision2020] Gardeners WAS: RE: Say What?

Craine Kit kcraine at verizon.net
Thu May 21 10:17:23 PDT 2009

According to the code (below) irrigation via soaker hose and drip
irrigation are allowed at any time, as is hand watering. All of those
conserve water (and money). Also, a thick layer of mulch retains soil
moisture. I have used nipples on 2-liter pop bottles and clay pots
(with drainage hole blocked) to water individual plants.

Kit Craine

Sec. 17-5: Outdoor Irrigation Season and Hours. Outdoor Irrigation
shall be allowed only between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 10:00 a.m.
local time, during the Outdoor Irrigation Season unless modified by
variance pursuant to this Chapter. Outdoor Irrigation shall be
prohibited at all times not within the declared Outdoor Irrigation
Season. Outdoor Irrigation by means of soaker hose(s), (water weeping
types) or drip-irrigation systems may occur at any time during the
Outdoor Irrigation Season specified herein. (Ord. 2004-27;
05/17/2004; 2007-13, 11/19/2007)