[Vision2020] Out of the pan and into the fire!

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Thu May 21 09:40:17 PDT 2009

Tom,

I ran across this one today, and really got ticked off.

"(CNN) -- Military personnel threw away, and ultimately burned,
confiscated Bibles that were printed in the two most common Afghan
languages amid concern they would be used to try to convert Afghans, a
Defense Department spokesman said Tuesday......."

I'm not a big "bible thumper" and don't want to get into this conversation
as it's either a good novel, a contemporary history book, or the word of
God. But, surely there had to be a better way of taking care of the
problem other than confiscating them and then burning them

Am I the only one appalled by the concept of a military book burning?