[Vision2020] Say What?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Tue May 19 11:54:38 PDT 2009

The actual Pentagon documents regarding warfare that contained Biblical
references were shown on MSNBC last night, either on Rachael Maddow or
Olbermann's "Countdown."  There were numerous with Biblical quotes.  The one
with the Biblical quote you mention showed a picture of Saddam Hussein.  The
suggestion was made that Bush's faith was being appealed to.  Another
featured a picture of a tank with a beautiful sunset in the background,
almost like a tourism brochure.

Without the support from the evangelical right Bush would not have been
elected.  Many in this group intended and still intent to create a Christian
form of government of some sort, doing away with the separation clause in
the US Constitution.  Bush has been quoted that he was doing God's will in
invading Iraq.  Those who say religion had nothing to do with the war
campaigns of the Bush administration are denying fact:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/bush-god-told-me-to-invade-iraq-509925.html

>From article above:

He told Bob Woodward - whose 2004 book, Plan of Attack, is the definitive
account of the administration's road to war in Iraq - that after giving the
order to invade in March 2003, he walked in the White House garden, praying
"that our troops be safe, be protected by the Almighty". As he went into
this critical period, he told Mr Woodward, "I was praying for strength to do
the Lord's will.

"I'm surely not going to justify war based upon God. Understand that.
Nevertheless, in my case, I pray that I will be as good a messenger of His
will as possible. And then of course, I pray for forgiveness."

Another telling sign of Mr Bush's religion was his answer to Mr Woodward's
question on whether he had asked his father - the former president who
refused to launch a full-scale invasion of Iraq after driving Saddam Hussein
from Kuwait in 1991 - for advice on what to do.

The current President replied that his earthly father was "the wrong father
to appeal to for advice ... there is a higher father that I appeal to".
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett