[Vision2020] How to Handle Political Correctness in the Interest of Real History?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 8 07:56:59 PDT 2009

Joe -

Perhaps I should have been more specific.

I was addressing Bear's comment:

"The incident of history that I ran into was that prior to his rise to
command all of the US troops in Europe during WW1, General John Pershing
was called "Nigger Jack" by his contemporaries to derisively refer to his
being in command of black troops rather than white soldiers. The popular
thought at the time was that he never commanded real troops, just black
ones."

As far as naming the dog using the N-word is concerned.  If there are
historical facts (which I tend to doubt) substantiating the naming of the
dog in the "Dam Busters" movie (the 1955 version was awesome), then I have
no complaints.  However, if the dog was named *N-word* for the mere
purposes of Hollywood dramatization, the script should be flushed down the
proverbial toilet.