[Vision2020] How to Handle Political Correctness in the Interest of Real History?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 8 06:02:52 PDT 2009

Although I deplore the use of the N-word, I feel it is necessary and
appropriate when its application is meant to reflect the intent and
attitude of its users at their specific time in history.

"Editing" of history is simply wrong!

If an instructor feels that "softening" the vocabulary and attitudes of
various cultures through history would serve a better purpose, perhaps
that same instructor him/herself would serve a better purpose with a
career change, like . . . maybe . . . presenting op/ed commentaries on Fox
News.

Simply put, history is history.  What happened happened.  History is not,
nor should it ever be, one person's opinion.

Seeya at Farmers' market, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown