[Vision2020] Nation of Laws

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Thu May 7 12:17:12 PDT 2009

Tom,

Just about all of this issue is a matter of definitions, and for the last
eight years, we change the definitions to meet the situation!

A real hot button topic is what is a terrorist?  The Bushiets will tell
you it's anyone that doesn't agree with them!  In the modern era,
Terrorists are what the BIG armies call the little armies!   Objectively
looking at it, the "founding fathers /continentials" were terrorists, and
so were the American Indians! And for those that won't buy that they were
terrorists, you have to look at the modern definitions, and they are at
least "Illegal enemy combatants".  Indians didn't wear uniforms, and
neither did the folks at Concord Bridge!

If you  can change the definitions, you can live with the results. For
example, waterboarding is torture, but if we change the definition of
torture, it isn't. It's just coercive interrogations!
The old Chinese  communist sleep depravation technique is torture, but now
it's just "pre-interrogation preparations".  And what happens now when a
soldier gives just his/her name, rank and serial number? CLEARLY if they
are softened up, they will give you more, because surely they must know
more than that, and besides, it ISN'T torture to do that!