[Vision2020] House Bill 216 (Pharmacist Conscience Bill)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 31 18:28:30 PDT 2009

Mr. Schwaller stated:

"I can see no wording in HO216 whatsoever that would support MT's claim
that this bill "allows potential employers to evaluate a pharmacist's job
application."  Where do you get this stuff?!?!"

I get this "stuff", Mr. Schwaller, from the Idaho Senate floor.  An
extremely similar example, and this very question, was presented yesterday
as part of a rebuttal in debate against HB 216.  I have the complete audio
recording of yesterday's senate debate, to include this specific rebuttal,
if you are interested.

Once we have discussed this particular rebuttal, I will proceed to
introduce more "stuff" that was also presented on the Idaho senate floor.

However, concerning HB 216 . . .

If I were in charge of hiring and firing at a local pharmacy, in light of
HB 216, I am MOST DEFINITELY going to want to know the religious, ethical,
and moral values of a pharmacist job applicant, and if those values are
going to impact on the pharmacist's performance of his duties.

It really is just that simple, Mr. Schwaller.

Scheduled for second reading in the Idaho House tomorrow is . . .

Senate Joint Resolution 101.

UNIVERSITY OF IDAHO BOARD OF REGENTS - TUITION - Proposing an amendment to
the Constitution of the State of Idaho to permit the Board of Regents of
the University of Idaho to impose rates of tuition and fees on all
students enrolled in the University of Idaho as authorized by law.

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2009/SJR101.htm

I figure that SJR 101 will be scheduled for third reading and debate
either Thursday or Friday.  This should prove most interesting.

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.