[Vision2020] Say What?

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Tue Mar 31 08:29:32 PDT 2009

And speaking of "hitting a history book"........

Donovan wrote:

" Mexico only had the US territories for about 20 years total time, which they stole from
the
Spanish, which stole it from the natives. There were also only about 20,000 people living
in the
area which the US took from Mexico. Many of the people elected to stay in the US and not
all
considered themselves Mexican citizens. I am not saying we were justified in taking the
land, but
we were not any more wrong than anyone else."

 What US territories did the Government of Mexico have ?

 What area are you talking about that the "US took from Mexico"? Are you making a
reference to
the Republic of Texas, which was an internationally  recognized independent republic ?

And finally, what a great basis for the  way we should look at our history and what we
should
strive for:  "we were not any more wrong than anyone else". It's that very thinking that
has other
nations looking to bring former US officials to
court!