[Vision2020] Another canidate drops out

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Mar 30 17:04:35 PDT 2009

Hey -

When their standards are reduced to searching for a part-time IH, I will
consider applying.  But, I don't go cheap.  We're talkin' nine, maybe ten
dollars an hour.

> I believe the Idaho SBOE is proving to be a mess on this...from the
Spokesm> an.....
>                       Betsy Z. Russell
>                   The Spokesman-Review
> BOISE
> - A third finalist for president of the University of Idaho, Dr. David
> Dooley, provost and vice president at Montana State University, has
> withdrawn his name from consideration, leaving just two of the original
> five finalists in the running.
> The two: UI College of Law Dean Don Burnett, and former Colorado State
Un> iversity President Larry Penley.
>
> Dooley said in a statement that he withdrew after “a series of cordial,
> candid and informative discussions” between him and the state Board of
> Education led to a mutual agreement “that our distinct visions for the
> role, scope, and future of the University of Idaho were not the right
> fit at this time.”
>  Dr. Duane Nellis, Kansas State University
> provost and senior vice president, withdrew from the running on March
> 11. Dooley and Nellis were the two candidates among the five finalists
> that the state board’s search committee invited to meet with the public
> in Coeur d’Alene, Moscow, Boise and Idaho Falls in February.
> Ham Shirvani, president of California State University-Stanislaus,
with> drew from the running in mid-February.

> Former UI President Tim White left last spring to become chancellor of
> the University of California at Riverside. In June of 2008, Steven
> Daley-Laursen, dean of the UI College of Natural Resources, was named
> interim president.

> Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for
Hotmail®> ..
> http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?
ocid=TXT_MS> GTX_WL_HM_express_032009#colortheme>

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.