[Vision2020] Say What?

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 12:38:58 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:50, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Of course using Keely's logic, the Midwestern states belonged to Canada,
> Florida to Spain, the 13 original colonies to Britain, the Louisiana
> Territory to France, New York to the Dutch, Guam to Japan, and Alaska to
> Russia, maybe we should make all those countries de facto US Citizens!

Except that those other areas were acquired by treaty, outright sale,
and negotiation, whereas large the portions of the American Southwest
of which Keely speaks were stolen.

Disclaimer:  I am not a historian, nor do I pretend to be one.  The
above paragraph is extracted from the misty regions of my brain that
appear also to have been stolen, as I can conjure up no specifics.