[Vision2020] [RESENT w/added links] House Concurrent Resolution 12

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Mar 30 05:53:23 PDT 2009

Scheduled on the Idaho Senate Calendar for today (March 30, 2009)
under "10th Order" at:

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/scal.htm

Senate proceedings are scheduled to convene at 10:30 AM (Mountain), 9:30
AM (Pacific).

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION NO. 12
BY STATE AFFAIRS COMMITTEE
A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION

STATING THE FINDINGS OF THE LEGISLATURE AND SUPPORTING THE PEOPLE OF LATAH
COUNTY AND THE CITY OF MOSCOW IN BRINGING THE COMMUNITY TOGETHER THROUGH
THE MOSCOW COMMUNITY WALK, ENDORSING THE ANNUAL CELEBRATION OF THE WALK,
AND ENCOURAGING SPONSORSHIP OF SIMILAR EVENTS IN OTHER COMMUNITIES OF
OUR GREAT STATE OF IDAHO.

Be It Resolved by the Legislature of the State of Idaho:

WHEREAS, the 2007 Moscow CommUNITY Walk Proclamation issued by Idaho
Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter recognized the importance of the Moscow
CommUNITY Walk for "the positive impact they can have on our State";

WHEREAS, the 2007 Moscow CommUNITY Walk Proclamation, issued by City of
Moscow Mayor Nancy Chaney, stated the purpose of the CommUNITY Walk: "We
choose to walk together in a symbolic pilgrimage of our common humanity in
the spirit of peace and harmony";

WHEREAS, according to S. "Ghazi" Ghazanfar, Professor Emeritus (2002), the
founder of the Moscow CommUNITY Walk, the event "inspires each of us to
develop and promote meaningful connections with each other, to gather in
the spirit of mutual respect and acceptance, transcending our differences
and rising to the unifying inclusiveness of our pluralism";

WHEREAS, Tom Trail, a member of the Moscow CommUNITY Walk’s original
founding committee, believes, "The Walk brings together a cross section of
citizens and allows them for at least one moment and one day to stand
together in friendship and to celebrate our spirit of community."

WHEREAS, in addition to the Walk, the event has also included a free
potluck community meal, a student essay contest and various other
celebratory activities for the participants;

WHEREAS, the Moscow CommUNITY Walk has enjoyed the support of several
prominent sponsors, including: the City of Moscow, the University of Idaho
(Office of the President, the Associated Students of the University of
Idaho and the Multicultural Affairs Office), the Latah County Human Rights
Task Force, the Moscow Interfaith Association, and various other faith
groups as well as business and civic organizations.

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED by the members of the First Regular Session
of the Sixtieth Idaho Legislature, the House of Representatives and the
Senate concurring therein, that the Legislature supports the people of
Latah County and the City of Moscow in bringing the community together
through the Moscow CommUNITY Walk, endorses the annual celebration of the
Walk, and encourages sponsorship of similar events in other communities of
our Great State of Idaho.

These proceedings will be carried live on Idaho Public Television's
internet stream at:

Hi-bandwidth
http://www.idahoptv.orc/inc/senateLiveHi.cfm

Lo-bandwidth
http://www.idahoptv.orc/inc/senateLiveLo.cfm

Mac users
http://www.idahoptv.orc/inc/senateLiveNoBit.cfm

Senate proceedings are scheduled to convene at 10:30 AM (Mountain), 9:30
AM (Pacific).

House Concurrent Resolution 12 is attached to this email.

---------------------

Additional links:

"Moscow CommUNITY Walk"
http://www.moscowcommunitywalk.org/

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com/CommunityWalk/

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya there.