[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Mar 25 13:02:32 PDT 2009

“Thank you, Mr. Speaker.  I just . . . I like that.  We’re gonna get
skewered whichever way we go.  But then that’s part of our job description
and we should just take it in the shorts.  So, that’s not a problem for
me.  But I do have a couple of comments I want to make and one is
simply . . . I could probably go along with this if it were just limited
to the state.  We would be telling us what we could do.  I don’t like the
addition of the subdivisions.  They should not be mandated to do much of
anything.  And secondly, it’s the end of the session warm fuzzy.  We do
this traditionally.  And we can continue to do it traditionally.  But, it
seems like we don’t have enough to do, so let’s do a warm fuzzy.  And then
my rhetorical question . . . If we disallow the state political
subdivisions, universities, etcetera, etcetera, to not buy Chinese made
American flags, will the Chinese call in their loans?”

- State District 35 Representative Lenore Barrett during a debate
concerning House Bill 249 restricting purchases of U.S. and Idaho flags to
only those U.S. and Idaho flags manufactured within the United States
(March 25, 2009)

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Idaho/RepBerrett_HB249_032509.mp3

I like her attitude.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.