[Vision2020] Rights, privileges and licenses

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 20 08:50:07 PDT 2009

Driving is a privilege, not a right, because not everyone has the ability to drive safely or can afford a safe vehicle. If it was a right, it would also require the state to provide you a car, fuel, and proper roads to drive on; none of which the state of Idaho does.

If elected county officials started revoking driver licenses for reasons not given to them by the people of Idaho, they could and most likely would be sued and lose. Not to mention the people of the county would remove all the elected county members.

No, I think the county and state has the right and responsibility to regulate the type of transportation I use and how I control it traveling up and down public right of ways where there are other people who have a reasonable amount of expectation of safety and order.

If anything, I think the government is too lenient in who it gives a license to and what it will stick a registration tag on.

Best Regards,

Donovan