[Vision2020] Finalist turns down Idaho president job over pay

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 02:14:07 PDT 2009

What could someone possibly do with $300,000 a year? Does he have a pet T- Rex he has to feed? Especially when all your housing and medical needs are paid for? How greedy people can become, eh?

I honestly don't think anyone on the planet is worth a $300,000 salary a year in Idaho. I know there are plenty of people in Idaho that can do a fantastic job as President of UI for far less than $250,000 a year.

Anyone so easily manipulated by the almighty $$$ probably isn't going to stay for long anyway because Idaho cannot compete with states where the cost of living is so much higher and the salaries are so much higher.

Moscow is a beautiful place to live. A family man could not ask for a nicer place to live if he is making $250,000+ a year. You would have to make $600,000 a year in New York to live as you do in Idaho on $200,000.

Best Regards,

Donovan