[Vision2020] Walmart Gets Nod for Starting Work

a smith at turbonet.com
Fri Mar 13 14:04:26 PDT 2009

What you find hard to believe based on your subjective experience vs. the reality as presented by the director of public works doesn't make for a very compelling case. While I have no doubt that you have been intimately aquainted with the scullery of many a greasy spoon, and would doubtless be more familiar still were it not for the sincure of the ivory tower. Facts, sad to say, is facts. The water usage at any retail business is lower then that of any household and that of a large modern restaurant far less then that of 100 individuals. Period.

As to your analogy, there are problems with it as well. A better scenario whould be your lovely wife sold me the rights to listen to your favorite radio station. I am very happy and I think your wife is a wonderful woman who could have done far better in the matrimonial marketplace and is deserving of much better things in life but, I digress. I am happy to pay her for the opportunity to hear the broadcast because it's easier for me to obtain it that way then to build or buy my own receiver. She is happy with the extra income and I am happy not having to pay more but, had she decided to not go through with the mutually benificial transaction, I can and would be willing to use other means to listen to the signal. You don't own the "RIGHTS" to the bandwidth and Moscow doesn't own the "RIGHTS" to the aquifer.

Your water argument is weak, your willingness to limit retail compition is without merit, and your asthetic opinion is arbitrary in the extreme. Add that all up and you've got a pretty good case of not much of anything at all.