[Vision2020] Say What?

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Mar 12 06:24:35 PDT 2009

On March 11, 2009, Lisa Depaulo (of GQ) interviewed Michael Steele,
Chairman of the Republican National Committee.

The following is an extract from that interview at:

http://men.style.com/gq/blogs/gqeditors/2009/03/the-reconstruct.html

Lisa Depaulo:
How much of your pro-life stance, for you, is informed not just by your
Catholic faith but by the fact that you were adopted?

Michael Steele:
Oh, a lot. Absolutely. I see the power of life in that—I mean, and the
power of choice! The thing to keep in mind about it… Uh, you know, I think
as a country we get off on these misguided conversations that throw around
terms that really misrepresent truth.

Lisa Depaulo
Explain that.

Michael Steele:
The choice issue cuts two ways. You can choose life, or you can choose
abortion. You know, my mother chose life. So, you know, I think the power
of the argument of choice boils down to stating a case for one or the
other.

Lisa Depaulo:
Are you saying you think women have the right to choose abortion?

Michael Steele:
Yeah. I mean, again, I think that’s an individual choice.

Lisa Depaulo:
You do?

Michael Steele:
Yeah. Absolutely.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom "who is also Pro-Choice" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

Join us at The First Annual Intolerista Wingding, April 17th, featuring
Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale.  For details go to . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Seeya
there.