[Vision2020] Sell-Outs: Senator Gary Schroeder and Moscow City Councilman Walter Steed

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 9 16:54:42 PDT 2009

Kit,

Thanks for that explanation. I think what we get most from the Hawkins development is jobs. I know it isn't important to many, but I think jobs is a good thing to have.

I am no geologist. However, I believe regardless of if we give Hawkins water or not, they will get it, and it will be from the same source. I don't think water recognizes state boarders.

I think it is best we encourage industry on the Moscow side of the corridor, rather than the Pullman side, that way Moscow residents can more easily get to the new jobs. We cannot do anything about the property taxes unless you want to petition the states to move the stateline. But we can encourage which side the development occurs on. We can grow from Moscow to Pullman, or Pullman to Moscow. Which is better?

Best Regards,

Donovan