[Vision2020] Sell-Outs: Senator Gary Schroeder and Moscow City

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Mar 9 09:34:52 PDT 2009

Exactly.

Although I am not a Moscow native, I fell in love with Moscow when I first
transferred to UI from North Idaho College in 1992.  It was the sense of
community consciousness/security and that "down home" feeling of "the
neighborhood" that was, and still is, prevalent in Moscow; the same sense
and feeling I hadn't experienced since growing up in Los Angeles in the
late 50s and early- to mid-60s.  Like I had told the Daily News when they
did a "Sidewalk Series" (or something like that) on me last year . . . "I
am going to die of old age in Idaho."

http://www.dnews.com/archived-story/Local/81880/

Why I selected to retire from the Army in Idaho . . .

Simple.  My wife was born just outside Coeur d'Alene and pretty much grew
up in Moscow.  That's her (Rodna Moore) on page 53 of the 1965 Bear Tracks
MHS yearbook.

Just for memory's sake of Moscow over the years, crank up your speakers
for . . .

"The Way We Were - Memories of Moscow, Idaho Through the Years"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfAnRhCU35A

Don't let Moscow degenerate to a series of If-you've-seen-one-you've-seen-
em-all strip malls.  You're better than that, Moscow.

Seeya at the Intolerista Wingding, Moscow.
http://www.MoscowCares.com/Wingding

Tom Hansen
Significant Other of Rodna Moore-Hansen (MHS '66)