[Vision2020] Failed Drug Policies from Nixon to Bush

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 3 16:39:37 PST 2009

LSD is NOT in the same category as ecstasy, Matt.

LSD, or its medical name "Lysergic Acid Diethylamide", had been determined
to possess therapeutic value in treating patients with extensive neurosis
problems, as well as other mentally handicapping diseases.  Although LSD-
25 is no longer used for therapy, physicians should not be restricted from
its controlled/regulated availability.

I fail to see ANY therapeutic value (past, present, or potential) in
ecstasy.

As far as Oxycontin, and the thousands of others, I merely addressed what
I considered to be the currently most popular recreational drugs and don't
really care to spend the next millenium explaining why I would, or would
not, legalize each and every drug you can google.

> Tom,
>
> I believe each drug can be dangerous, but depending on the individual
dru> g and how quickly the drug destroys lives, should be a reason of
whether
> it is legal or not. I don't believe snorting coke one time will get you
add> icted, but it very well could happen within a short span. And once a
pers> on is dependent on a certain drug it becomes a life long battle.

> Also I am curious if you think designer prescription drugs such as
Oxyconti> n should be legalized. Or LSD since it is in the same category
as ecstasy.

vision2020 at mosc> ow.com; donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com;
garrettmc at verizon.net

> Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to
m> eet.
> http://windowslive.com/online/groups?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_groups_032009>

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman