[Vision2020] [CORRECTED and RESENT] Re: Failed Drug Policies from Nixon to Bush

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 3 11:01:49 PST 2009

Garrett -

I always keep a stash of Canadian hemp paper.  It's a bit expensive
nowadays.  So, I don't order it as often as I used to.  I use it for
special purpose posters and flyers.

For instance:  I will be using it to advertise the Intolerista Wingding
(April 17th).  I will be posting these hemp-based flyers around town.

You should have seen the Fedex deliver guy's face the first time he
delivered a ream.  Coming from Canada, and probably having to go through
all kinds of bureacratic attitudes to get into the US, it takes about
three weeks from order to delivery.  Apparently, during the course of the
three weeks (and not being in any kind of climate-controlled conditions),
the "scent" just kinda ferments.  So, naturally, the box in which the
paper was delivered wreaked of intensified "scent".  The delivery guy
looked at me as if to say, "Is this legal?"  So I played along . . . I
gave him one of those lost, bleary-eyed lookes, coupled with a slight
stagger, and mumbled to my wife, just loud enough for the delivery guy to
hear . . . "Go get the papers, baby.  It's here."

Hey, what's life without a little fun and games.

Heck . . . one time while stationed in Germany, before smoking was banned
in the mess halls . . . just before a major inspection of the mess hall, I
filled the ash tray with tea leaves, lit them, and walked away.  Five
minutes after the inspectors showed up, the mess hall was crawling with
MPs wonderin' who had the marijuana.  Nothing illegal, just fun and games.

"For a lapsed Lutheran born-again Buddhist pan-Humanist Universalist
Unitarian Wiccan Agnostic like myself there's really no reason ever to go
to work."

- Roy Zimmerman