[Vision2020] Failed Drug Policies from Nixon to Bush

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Mar 3 07:49:36 PST 2009

Matt Decker asks:

"Which ones are you against, and why?"

The drugs that I would NOT legalize are crack (unneutralized, free-base
cocaine), ecstasy, methamphetamine, and heroin.

Crack permanently scars the human nervous system.

Ecstasy is a synthetic (home-made) hallucinogenically stimulating
psychedelic that tends to, if use evolves to heavy addiction, permanently
distorts the user's sense of reality, space, and time.

Methamphetamine is one of the (if not THE) most addictive, lethal drugs
available that causes permanent, irreparable damage to the nervous
system.  Further, the chemicals and processes used in the manufacture of
methamphetamine are independently lethal in their own right.

Heroin is considered to be the worst of addictive drugs because it can be
cut and mixed with other drugs such as crack.

Matt Decker stated:

"From past experience, it is not necessarily the drug itself that causes
the overall harm. Although some can cause more of an immediate impact to
the physical aspect, but more rather, what the drug does to your mental
state."

Huh?!?!?

Do I understand you to mean, Matt, that it is not the drug that is
dangerous, but what the drug does that is dangerous?