[Vision2020] Failed Drug Policies from Nixon to Bush

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 3 07:17:35 PST 2009

Tom,

      Like mentioned before, I am not opposed to legalizing all drugs, but have not heard a good argument for it. I do feel that rehabilitation helps, but fear our society is not responsible enough nor ready for a full legalization.

"As I had mentioned earlier, I support legalization and regulation of MOST
> drugs, NOT all drugs."

Which ones are you against, and why?

One more thing. From past experience, it is not necessarily the drug itself that causes the overall harm. Although some can cause more of an immediate impact to the physical aspect, but more rather, what the drug does to your mental state. How quickly you become dependent on the drug. How it starts to rule your life. NOTHING else matters but the fix itself.

I won't disagree that any drug legal or not, that is over consumed, could lead to dependence. If this happens the best way to fix it is through help, IF that person is ready. Forcing someone to do it can lead to failure.

MD