[Vision2020] Another Photo of Main Street Moscow

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 23 16:50:17 PDT 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 12:24:42 Tom Hansen wrote:
> Greetings Visionaires and Vandals -
>
> I have just posted another photo of Main Street Moscow.  Guessing the year
> this photo was taken should prove easier than the last few photos.

That photo does bring back memories, but not of Moscow. I know the photo can't
be any earlier than 1951 because my mom's parents had a 1951 Chevrolet coupe,
2-door, dark blue, in which I rode as a single-digit-age boy one summer day
to their cabin on the east side of Kootenai Lake in British Columbia. Those
few days at the lake were a fun summer vacation.

> You can google some of the clearly evident clues from the photo.  You can
> even call Carl Westberg and ask him (I think that's him getting out of his
> car, about to enter the Nuart Theater).
>
> http://www.tomandrodna.com/Moscow_5060.jpg

I do remember buying a suit jacket, a dress shirt, and a tie from David's as
an undergraduate years ago. I don't remember Washington Water Power or Fonk's
being in those locations because I think General Telephone had replaced them
by then. Those were the days when, out of the boundaries of this photo,
Leonard Chin had a trailer court southwest of campus, and the Greenstreet
trailer court was still in business at East E and North Jefferson, just over
a third, rather than just over a half, of a century ago.

Ken