[Vision2020] Public smoking

bear at moscow.com bear at moscow.com
Sat Jun 20 12:14:23 PDT 2009

Tom,

Thanks for posting the lis from Title 39, which seems pretty comprehensive
to me. Now, why can't the anti-smokers live with it?  Are they so
demanding and narrow minded that they want it ALL and will force it down
smokers throats via this local legislation?

My point with all of this is that we have enough legislation that tells
citizens what they can't do. If the non-smokers don't want to go to those
places, then don't. Bringing in the "safety" of the employees that work in
bars is, like I said earlier, a smoke screen. Beside, as I stated earlier,
I am suspicious that on the very day this this was brought up by a
"concerned" citizen, the copies of the Eagle Idaho legislation had already
been passed out by the city attorney.  Makes you wonder.

If the non-smokers let their desires be known to the business owners by
not going to those places, thats enough, WE DON'T NEED MORE LAWS.